Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I just had the most amazing surprise -- an impromptu birthday lunch! Every Wednesday I have lunch at a Mexican restaurant with a friend of mine who is a pastor. Almost every Wednesday my husband calls during our lunch. Almost every week I "ignore" the call and he usually leaves the voicemail, "I just realized you're probably at lunch . . ."

Today he called twice; the second time I turned the ringer off. A few minutes later my friend's phone rings -- my husband is calling her. "Hello?" she says laughing after she shows me the caller ID. "Well, at least you answer your phone; my wife won't." He told her to have me place his order and he would be there in a few minutes. Two minutes later, another really good friend calls her, "Can I join you two for lunch?" So, we had a foursome -- some of my very favorite people in the world. We had more fun and laughs at this impromptu get-together than I usually do at parties I plan weeks in advance. It just goes to show, it doesn't take a lot of money or time or effort to make someone feel loved.

I am a very lucky woman. Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment