Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change The World Challenge


Here's this week's challenge from Reduce Footprints:

This week, turn your trash bin into the smallest container in the house by starting a compost bin and/or a recycle bin.

Or, if you're already a composter and recycler, write a post about it. Include information on what works for you and what doesn't, tips on how to be successful at it, and perhaps why it's preferable over sending stuff to a landfill.


I recycle every little bitty thing. In fact, the other day my husband accidentally tossed a 1 1/2 x 2 inch post it note in the garbage and then jumped a foot when he heard the blood curdling shriek that involutarily escaped from my throat. He didn't even have to ask. His arm automatically swung an arc and plucked the paper out of the garbage can and into the recycling bin! However, although I've research composting extensively -- and harvesting worm castings myself -- I canNOT add one more thing to my to do list. However, may I recommend Rising Mist Organics, http://www.wackyworldsof.com/ for the best worm composting system on the market?! You may remember Rising Mist Organics from my post on buying vegan fertilizer -- worm castings!

Don't forget, Im giving away two copies of Chuck Holton's book, Meltdown. To enter the drawing, e-mail your name and mailing address to seewhykinsman@gmail.com. The winner will be drawn next Tuesday, August 25th. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment