Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day



When I was little -- I mean starting around age two -- my dad would regularly tell me my mom was my best friend and that I'd never have a better friend than she. He often said, "You have a new 'best friend' every week, but if you were smart, you'd realize your mother's the best friend you'll ever have."

He was right.

My mom and I have lived together my entire life except for about 5 years -- first I lived with her and then she lived with me (and still does).

Recently my sister and her husband came for a visit. We went out to eat and my sister said, "Look at them!" Huh?! "You'd think you two never saw each other the way you're always yakking!" She's right.

I have the very best mom in the world and I'm so grateful for her. She's funny, oozes charisma that draws everyone to her (!), an amazingly hard worker, self-less, loving, sacrificing, and simply wonderful.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

You have just under a week . . . figure out how to tell YOUR mom how much you love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment