Thursday, April 9, 2009

Got Gas?

Yesterday I read a statistic that really freaked me out.

Each year, Americans use 800 million gallons of gas to mow their lawns -- and we spill more fuel while filling lawn equipment each year than the Exxon Valdez spilled in '89.
The solution? Electric mowers which cost approximately $5 a year to run.
This statistic came from idealbite.com. You can sign up to have daily eco tips delivered to your e-mail inbox.

I'm getting rather used to being really freaked out these days. Why? I'm reading Thomas L. Friedman's new book, Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution – and How It Can Renew America. I'm not even a quarter of the way through it and I want to run, screaming for my mommy, and hide under the covers until we humans, supposedly the "wisest" creatures, get a CLUE! I strongly recommend this book -- it is, quite possibly, the most important book of the century. Seriously. When I finish the book and get myself glued back together, I'll share some information from it. In the meantime, I can't stress this enough . . . GO GET THE BOOK -- READ IT -- TAKE ACTION!

REMINDER: I have one copy of The Treasure Principle to give away. To enter the random drawing, please send your name and mailing address to seewhykinsman@gmail.com. The winner will be announced tomorrow, April 10, 2009. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment